[MLB-WIRELESS] Telstra selloff question

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 14:55:06 EST 2002

Hi all,
we all love to hate telstra but as has been recently been commented the
only reason to do business with them is that the chance of getting
something fixed by a reseller is diminishingly low (or words to that
effect - not my comment, but it illustrates my interest).
Now at the threat of starting a flame war, I am interested in who here
thinks privatising telstra is a good idea.

Note:  I don't really want reasons.  I can think of and have heard
plenty on both sides that I aggree or disaggree with.

Q. 1 should we (the Govt) sell off the remaining 51%?
Q. 2 should we (the Govt) buy back the 49% that has been sold?

answers can come direct to me at paul at serc.rmit.edu.au  I'll post stats
back later.  since this address will stop working friday, don't bother
after Thursday...

for the record I vote
1) No
2) Yes