[MLB-WIRELESS] Galaxy Antennae

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Sun Sep 1 17:46:50 EST 2002

G'day Jason,

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 03:23:03PM +0930, Jason Beveridge wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where I may be able to source some Galaxy Antennae
> for conversion to 802.11b?

	The usual way of finding Galaxy ants is to go for a walk around
your home and keep your eyes open.  I've easily spotted about a dozen
in the Coburg/Preston area -- most residental streets will have 2-3
Galaxy antennas on them.

	By far the hardest part is convincing the residents to part with
them (who may not be home, may not speak very good English, or may be
attached to their antenna for some reason), and actually removing the
antenna without breaking any roof-tiles or limbs.  It helps if you have
a friend or two that you can lower things down to, or who can pass
up tools.

	All the best,

		Paul

--