[MLB-WIRELESS] Help with decision on what hardware to use?

Mikel Pretty mpretty at sunitafe.edu.au
Tue Oct 22 09:50:09 EST 2002

We are currently using  a Wavepoint II Access Point (Has 2 Wireless Pcmcia
cards in it 2mbps with 2 x 25db directional (10km Links) to bridge to our
current network.  We then have Wavepoint single AP's at the other end of the
2 locations.

We are going to be keeping the above link but want to make the same link
again using 11Mbps just wondering on what brand etc you would suggest.  It
will be used on a corporate level so must be reliable.  I was thinking of
going 1 x Avaya AP3 and 2 x Avaya AP1 at the 2 link ends.

I think Avaya are the same company that made Wavepoint the AP's look the
same!

What do you think?  Any ideas on a different setup or hardware?

I am not wanting to put up an Omni.

Thanks for your time
Mikel

This footnote confirms this email has been checked for the presence of viruses
however our liability is limited to the resupply of attachments only.

Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
and not necessarily those of Sunraysia Institute of TAFE.