[MLB-WIRELESS] Cards hanging machine

Stewart Park prakman at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 22 08:44:20 EST 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:02:28PM +1000, Fenn Bailey wrote:
> > Has anybody had any experience either getting a
> > WL200 working
> > under Debian or a Ricoh working under W2k?
> >

> Well, I know this doesn't exactly help you, but I have had no problems
> with Ricoh's under Win2k. When you say 'hang' does the machine boot at
> all and just hang when you try and use it or is it not even booting?

It starts to boot, gets to the Windows welcome screen, the bar at the
bottom goes three quarters of the way across, then ....

> You could try and see whether somehow it's getting resource conflicts
> (though Win2K is pretty good with that sort of stuff). Additionally
> maybe look for driver/bios updates for your motherboard (for lack of
> something better to do).

I'll give that a go.  Thanks, Fenn

> Good luck,

I may need it ...

I'll also try what other people have suggested (PCI shuffle in
particular).  I'll let everybody know what, if any, worked.  Thanks,
all.

--
Regards,
Stewart