[MLB-WIRELESS] Debian Linux - 2.4.19

Michael Weinbergs michael at online-admin.net.au
Fri Oct 11 09:03:40 EST 2002

Ugh... I bought a redhat distro 7.3 from St. Kilda Newsagency - with 3 disks
sticky taped to the front for $12 (yes.. I know $$$ - but I needed it
quickly).
Anyway - got home (Hawthorn) - Disk 2 shattered - that will teach me to
check first - they replaced it.
Ran up the distro - all equipment found etc... selected everything to
install. 20 Mins install time - grouse... cuppa.. change disk to 2.. piece
of toast.. change to disk 3.. no problems. then a message - "please insert
disk three"... umm.. I did! Ok - it's not reading properly... quick clean..
"Not a red hat disk - please instal disk 3"... try again.. nup!
and it was 5 SECONDS from finishing!
I still haven't heard from the publishers..
Ended up redoing it and built a basic system then RPM'd the rest - but that
bad taste is still in my mouth!