[MLB-WIRELESS] Which AP to buy?

Stewart Park prakman at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 1 00:26:44 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:06:56PM +1000, Robert Tchia wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a web site that have all the AP on the market
> compared/shootout?
>
> I want to buy an AP and was looking at buying Netgear ME102 or Orinoco
> AP-200.  Any comment or suggestion?

Rob,

There is a site, I just have to grab it off another computer.  I found
it a couple of days after I ordered my AP, which is the way these things
tend to go.  :)

http://www.practicallynetworked.com

I've picked up a D-Link DWL-1000AP that works pretty well.  Plugged it
straight into the hub, and was connecting about 10 minutes later.  I was
a bit slow because I didn't realise I was on different channels.  The
good thing about this one is that it has a web interface to configure
it, so you can do it through Linux, although there are a few options in
the Windoze setup that aren't in the web interface, particularly the
higher wep key lengths.  Still get full transmission through two brick
walls.  I've only had it for about a week, but so far so good.

If you have any other questions about this AP, just let me know.

--
Regards,
Stewart

ICQ: 9777365 | IRC: WombatOfWrath | http://users.tpg.com.au/prakman