[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Fri Nov 29 22:16:30 EST 2002

Hello Andrew,

AG> I'm referring to the ability with some routing protocols that allow you
AG> to use a key to authenicate the data inside the protocol (such as ospf).
AG> But I agree with you that this is a seperate problem area.

I'm told both OSPF and BGP "passwords" can be sniffed, so not much
security there...

AG> Yeah, though I doubt all that many people go around updating routers
AG> when problems have been disclosed to the public. I slightly recall a
AG> report thinger I read when people went looking and managed to compromise
AG> several "important" routers.

I'm talking about wireless networks, I highly doubt people wish to
constantly update static routing tables, and no have mutlipath
routing, something a little closer to home...

AG> Well, its a different ball game. Depending on how good the attackers
AG> are, we may never notice.

Script kiddies + lot of time on their hands with an unencrypted adhoc,
haphazard network to toy with... I can see them salivating at the
thought now...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com