[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Fri Nov 29 20:46:22 EST 2002

Hello Andrew,

AG> Route poisoing is easier to deal with, such as authenication between
AG> two/more peers (hmmm, I think replay attacks are a problem though, its
AG> been a while since I played with various protocols in respect to that),
AG> striking out route updates, (e.g a interior router saying its got routes
AG> for another area when you know it can't have.). *shrug* preferably
AG> though, imo we should be aiming to have a focus to making things more
AG> secure than currently what we've got with the internet.

Yes and no, routing protocols assume a secure link, such as wired link
as wireless it would be fairly easy to inject forged packets, from
forged mac addresses etc...

Internet has the added benefit most backbone links are physically
secure, such as fibre, or proprietary/secured microwave links, however
with wireless the backbone is most likely to be made up by the end
users, so it's a catch 22...

AG> (Yes, people can still cause problems if they compromise on of the boxes.)

What about links easily compromised?

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com