[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Fri Nov 29 01:50:56 EST 2002

> Another option would be to ask Jamie Lovick to delegate melb.cw.net.au
> to MW. That way we can have node.melb.cw.net.au

I'm a fan of a non-global DNS system. node.melb.cw.net.au (and the other
options I've seen..)is starting to get long a wieldly. Remember... you'll be
typing it _everytime_ you access a MW node.

yuck

I dont know what i prefer. server.node.melbwire or something would be cool.

server - name chosen by the node owner - you have 16 IPs remember, so you
can run multiple machines.
node - node id, automatic.

anyway, tis all theory for the moment... Important for us to dicuss it, but
the need for DNS is still a bit off, so no need to rush a decision through

James