[MLB-WIRELESS] Getting the WL200 working under FreeBSD

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 28 13:19:40 EST 2002

Hi All,

Just a bit of a note on getting a Compaq WL200 working with FreeBSD ( I can
only speak for version 4.7 here as thats what version I have, but if people
with other versions would also like to check and post to the list it would
be great).  If you want to get this card working you will have to modify the
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf file.  When you find where is has the WL200 listed
you will note that is says :-

"Compaq" "Compaq_WL200_11Mbps_Wireless_PCI_Card"

instead of saying :-

"Compaq" "WL200_11Mbps_Wireless_PCI_Card"

Hope this helps someone

Matt.