[MLB-WIRELESS] Lessons learnt from Saturday

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Sun Nov 24 23:12:52 EST 2002

Just a quick couple of notes for whoever organises the next
installfest/antenna hack day.
(i) Man a meet-and-greet table. They are very handy.
(ii) Make sure someone is on hand at all times to field questions from
people who express a bit of interest. You get all sorts of weird
inquiries that are probably best answered by someone else.
(iii) Set up some form of pre-event registration to get an idea of
numbers attending and who is interested in doing what.
Other than that, people seem to know themselves what they want to do.
Just go with the flow.

As you are probably already aware, this will probably be the last time I
will be a proactive member of Melbourne Wireless for a while. I'll be
taking on a more passive role in an attempt to spend more time in
meatspace with family. I'll keep an eye on things thru the mailing list
and occasionally IRC.

- Barry

--

barry park