[MLB-WIRELESS] The Age Technology article

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 15 19:43:26 EST 2002

Hey all,

Just read this interesting little article in the age, it claims that 802.11g
is a 20mb connection and is compatible with 802.11b, correct me if I am
wrong but I though that the 20mb connection was used by people such as
D-Link and was not actually a ratified standard.  I also thought that it is
only compatible when it drops back to 11mb speeds.  And I also thought that
802.11g is 54mb connection on 2.4G ??

Anyone care to correct me or is this reporter correct ??  See the link below
for the full article.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/11/09/1036308526730.html

Matt.