[MLB-WIRELESS] A letter I got....

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Wed Nov 13 21:07:14 EST 2002

On 13 Nov 2002, KevinL wrote:

> Ok, I had the document in question from the ACA pointed out to me, and
> I'm officially eating my words ;)  According to the fact sheet, it looks
> like melb-wireless'd be a non-commercial network and thus not have to be
> a telco.  Of course, it's couched in weasel words to ensure that it's
> not a legally binding ruling - but the intent is pretty clear, and it
> looks a lot like melb-wireless fits, so, um, I'll shut up now ;)
>
> Oh, that was http://www.aca.gov.au/consumer/fsheets/industry/fsi26.pdf

I wrote an email to the ACA recently for clarification of two scenarios
(non profit cost sharing between members, and sharing excess capacity of
my own personal link) and just got a reply. Part of the reply says,

"At present a more detailed guide for people on the non-commercial use of
WLAN equipment is being prepared."

I'm looking forward to it. :)

Cheers.

--