[MLB-WIRELESS] A letter I got....

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Wed Nov 13 11:18:56 EST 2002

AANAL, but I believe the A-G's department should not be contacting
Melbourne Wireless on behalf of all its members. They should be
contacting the individuals who plan to put up an AP. They are providing
access, they may have some legal onus to keep logs and cooperate with
authorities where deemed necessary. Melbourne Wireless is just a conduit
for likeminded people and has no control over what its members do with
their service. Melbourne Wireless does not own or run any of the
infrastructure. In this scenario, imho the Act should not apply to
Melbourne Wireless.
Maybe it would be wise to get legal counsel on this one. I'd certainly
recommend it before committing to anything.
- Barry

--

barry park
http://wireless.bur.st ||| community wireless project