[MLB-WIRELESS] [Fwd: November 2002 Annual General Meeting]

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Mon Nov 11 08:35:48 EST 2002

| On 7 Nov 2002, James Healy wrote:
|
| > I know most people on the list aren't members, but just as a FYI..
|
| Pardon me, but since when was membership anything other than membership of
| this mailing list?  I've been on this mailing list for a while now (since
| before we had meetings) and I've never seen anything official about
| members needing to be specially blessed.

It was announced quite some time ago when Melbourne Wireless became an
official non-proffit organisation. According to official org. regulations
this requires official membership, part of which is a legal requirement for
membership fees (minimum $1 sign up and Minimum $2/pa fee...or the other way
around?)

| > and before anyone asks, afaik, you can become a member on the night, but
| > since membership has to be approved at a committee meeting, you wont be
|
| Say what?!!  "Approved at a committee meeting"?!!  If this is case, it's
| the only organisation of its kind I know of to require such approvals.
| Normally, you front up to the membership secretary and sign up on the
| spot.  How bizarre.

Yet again, a legal requirement that all members who wish to be come a part
of the association. On the default form there is a "i wish to become a
member of XXXX association." This then needs to be signed by two other
currently finiancial members of the association. Tis just a bit of a legal
thing which needs to be done.