[MLB-WIRELESS] transform Linksys WAP11 to Linksys DWL-900+

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Sun Nov 10 11:09:25 EST 2002

Rowan,

I'm pretty sure the antenna is switched externally to the receiver so it
will only use one at a time but for diverity can selected between them
automatically to find the one with the best signal.  On the PCB of the 900AP
you can see both antennas going to a external chip, I reckon this is the
switch.  Sending on both simultaneously would require two input/output
stages, since these are commodity priced I think you're out of luck.  So no
repeater from a single AP today!

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au