[MLB-WIRELESS] Securing Access Point

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Thu Nov 7 14:27:08 EST 2002

Hello Mike,

Thanks for this...

I received a couple of other replies making similar suggestions.

>snip<

M> Although it can probably be found with a packet sniffer, you might be better
M> off with it enabled.

I enabled it, but the AP locked me out of our LAN and DSL connection!
I couldn't even connect to the AP without manually entering its IP
address. As I didn't have the IP handy, Grant suggested I try running
Freebase from an ethernet connected box... guess what? It worked! So
much for closed networks.

-ag.