[MLB-WIRELESS] Floppy Based Router

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Mon Nov 4 11:25:36 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 08:45:00AM +1100, Michael Weinbergs wrote:
> Howdy all. I have been looking at "leaf" (http://leaf.sourceforge.net) and
> "LRP" (  ) to try and find a basic kit to make a floppy based
[...]
> The documents are all there - but it is such a hotch-potch mess... I can't
> make heads or tails of them..

I haven't looked at leaf for ages, but last time I did look it seemed to be
on track to becoming a very nice mini-distro. It grew out of many developers
frustration with LRP's relatively closed/slow development, and it had
largish group of very active developers who seemed to be co-operating well.
I just looked at the leaf website and it seems that leaf is still going
strong. Have a look at the "WISP" variant... wireless router distro.

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=908&page_id=27

Because LEAF was started as a more open/inclusive development of the
original LRP project, it is a bit "fragmented", and includes multiple
variants. However, dispite apearences, the developers do work together, and
the various branches tend to correspond with different applications or
experiments with the LEAF concept. The original LRP project had a modular
design using tarballs, which should allow you to cut down or beef up things
to meet your requirements and limitations.

If you have particular requirements that none of the current LEAF branches
seem to meet, I would encourage you to subscribe to the list and post a few
queries. The guys there can offer heaps of advice, and if LEAF can't meet
your requirements, they will happily point you to other alternatives out
there.

ABO: finger abo at minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key