[MLB-WIRELESS] Galaxy (Pacific Monolithics) Mod Help Request

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Sat Nov 2 19:54:14 EST 2002

Tom, your idea is correct. Just remember that the pcb is designed for
microwave, and although it may not look correct... it is.

I have modified a few of these including both methods you have mentioned.
In my comparison tests against a 'real' pac mon passive feed unit, all of
them were atleast 3-4db less efficient! If that kind of loss is acceptable
to you then either method should be fine, athough leaving more pcb gives
you more to clamp the cable to. I used a mini butane torch to heat/remove
(very carefully) the surface mount components.

My advice is to go grab a 'real' feeder from Hills (
http://www.hillsantenna.com.au ) they are around $90 and have an N type
female termination.

Either way, good luck...

Darren Dreis