[MLB-WIRELESS] WiFi cards with PCI2.1 mobo

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Fri Nov 1 16:30:12 EST 2002

> Has anyone had any success with a PCI WiFi card or PCMCIA/PCI
> Cradle in a
> PCI 2.1 motherboard?
> If so, which cards/cradles work best?

Yes, I have successfully got an SVEC (Ricoh type) cradle working in an
old Pentium1 PCI2.1 compliant board with an Enterasys card.

One annoying thing is that when PCI type stuff isn't working (eg: PCI2.2
cards in PCI2.0 motherboards), they can half work, but not completely
work (much to my intense annoyance). So it's something to keep in mind
if you're having whacky problems.

All of my testing with this sort of thing has been under Linux, I can't
tell you what happens under Windows*

	Fenn.