[MLB-WIRELESS] Proceedings at next meeting.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Fri May 31 09:27:23 EST 2002

As most of you are aware, the WGStructure group met at the Geebung Hotel at
7pm. The minutes of this meeting will be posted by Clae in the near future.

The recommendation by the WGStructure to adopt the model rules of
association was discussed and passed unanimously. This will now be taken to
a vote at the next users group meeting on the 14th June 2002. The Model
Rules can
be found at:
http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/cbav/fairattach.nsf/Images/assocmodel/$File/a
ssocmodel.pdf

To follow these rules of association, we need a vice president, as well as
the office positions that we currently have. Darren Dreis was nominated by
the WGStructure members, and passed unanimously. If there are any objections
to Darren filling this position until such time that we hold an election,
please make sure those objections are forwarded to myself, no later than 5pm
on the 13th June 2002.

There will also be nominations taken and voted upon for two (2) general
members to join the committee. These general committee members *must* attend
all committee meetings. These positions will also stand until an election is
held. General members may not also be office bearers.

Appendix 4 of the Model rules of Association deals with membership fees (if
any). After much discussion, the WGStructure group voted unanimously that we
charge a $5 annual membership fee with no joining fees. We also decided to
have 2 types of "membership". A Guest, which is any non-paying person who
will access the network free of charge. A member will pay his membership fee
($5 per year) and have the right to vote in elections, and on policy
decisions involving Melbourne Wireless. Members will also have first
priority in any discount deals that Melbourne Wireless offer to the public.

*You do not have to be a paying member to access the network* Although the
benefits of membership are outlined above.

If you have any questions, please forward them to me directly.

Signed,
Steven Haigh
President - Melbourne Wireless
www.wireless.org.au