[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge vs router vs AP

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Thu May 30 15:11:36 EST 2002

nice little link here that explains some stuff about how it all links
together

http://www.teledyn.com/help/linux/Wireless/

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Robbie Werner          |
|         |           <rwerner at bigpond.net.au|
|         |           >                      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           owner-melbwireless at wire|
|         |           less.org.au            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           30/05/2002 02:55 PM    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                    |
  |        To:      "melbwireless at wireless.org.au" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>                                                      |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                         |
  |        Subject: Re: Re[2]: [MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge vs router vs AP                                                                   |

So what would be required on a Linux box to route packets from a wireless
network into a normal wired LAN?

That's what I don't really understand:  Getting the wireless network to
talk
to the LAN in a relatively transparent manner.

-Rob