[MLB-WIRELESS] Interesting article on C-Net

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Mon May 27 16:40:48 EST 2002

Or they could ask the minister to declare any 802 node running any
form of re-routing protocol a "designated network carrier"

That's my horror scenario

Clae.

At 12:04 AM +1000 25/5/02, Andy Freeman wrote:
>Well if I was a major telco that just gambled that sort of money on 3G I
>wouldn't have any qualms is generating enough "legal" signal noise in
>the 2.4Ghz band to cripple 802.11b wireless.  All they would have to do
>is run legal 802 gear on every second mobile phone tower and offer a 802
>package as well as a 3G one!
>
>A.
>
>-----Original Message Snip -----
>
>"It's a wireless carrier's worst nightmare. After a
>collective investment of more than $200 billion on
>spectrum licenses--and an expected investment of half

David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Digital and Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them
-tahl