RF legals - was - Re[4]: [MLB-WIRELESS] Press Release

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon May 20 14:40:04 EST 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, dwayne wrote:
> Steven Haigh wrote:

> > After talking to Jim Karamalakis from the ACA - who mainly deals
> > with the RF side of the ACA - especially with class licences, home
> > brew antennas are fine, galaxy antennas are fine, as long as you
> > still stay withing the legal limit of 4W EIRP.
>
> Um.
>
> How do we measure this?

With home brews it's a bit more difficult, but typically it's antenna
gain, minus cable and connector loss. Of course that assumes you know
the antenna gain.

> > He did also mention that we would have to check the RF exposure
> > laws regarding this - as say we stick 10 into one antenna, then
> > the total antenna output power may be subject to other laws...

> These have just changed and I downloaded a vast wad of PDFs to my
> computer last week.
> Hah, well, 3.2 meg of em  :)
>
> wiggle provocatively if you want a 2.7 meg zipfile of legal crap sent to
> you through your mail  :)
> Else, erm, I forget where I saw them.

I'll have them. Perhaps as a better option to Email, can you upload them
somewere and post a URL?

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----