[MLB-WIRELESS] National IP allocation and routing scheme??

Brett Johnson 40017170 at snetbr.cpg.com.au
Mon May 20 11:52:10 EST 2002

I'm apart of the QLD (Namely Brismesh) working group for IPv4 IP
allocations / routing and topology etc, I think it would be in our best
interests to cooperate with all the other groups and find a recognised
standard so we don't run into too many problems down the track, when / if
we did ever link.

You can contact me via teq at ausphp.net / 40017170 at snetbr.cpg.com.au.

I'de be willing to have a discussion with the other groups (Maybe on IRC?)
to work out the kinks.
We (brismesh ipv4 wg) have a meeting tommorow night, I'll be sure to bring
up the idea of an online meeting with the other groups, so we can sort this
out.

fenn_b at smktech.com.au wrote:

> > Most of the groups so far are still in the infancy of rollout
> > so this is the
> > most logical time to do this project. What project? A national IP
> > alloc/routing scheme.
> >

> Here, here. This has got to be one of the most sensible things I've
> heard on this list in some time. The longer this is delayed, the harder
> it is going to be to achieve.
>
> Who has the ability/impetus to setup some sort of common working
> group/liason with the other national groups? I think this could also be
> _very_ valuable in terms of mending some of the relationship problems
> between groups we have seen in the past, and help make us realise that
> we are all on the same team, and that it is not state vs state.
>
> My 2c. :)
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Fenn.

Brett Johnson