[MLB-WIRELESS] Some investigation And Notebooks for sale

Simon Hall simonh at auschar.com.au
Sun May 19 17:13:47 EST 2002

Finally I have had a chance to test my silver card and galaxy Antenna
(thanks Julian).

A simple test from roof of a building on the corner of Spring and Latrobe
Sts revealed a total of 31 netstumbled AP's

Some interesting facts
Of the 31 only 3 where Lucent. All others where Cisco
Of the 31 only 1 was using any form of WEP.

I have two Dual SKD III notebooks for sale
Specs are
486 DX4100
4 and 8 mb RAM
350MB HDD (I think)
Mono screen
2 x PCMCIA slots.

One unit is missing,
Floppy drive (although I may be able to get one)
Power supply (can provide the specs)
and has a faulty screen.
Prices $100 for complete unit
$75 for incomplete ($50 if I can't get the floppy)\

from the memory Perspective they take 72pin FP SIMMs and support up to 32 MB
(1 slot)

Make an ideal AP
Simon Hall