[MLB-WIRELESS] A gimmick for MW

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Sun May 19 12:58:26 EST 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Clae wrote:

> >> The Free S/wan group have an excellent idea that we could surely follow
> >>  http://liberty.freeswan.org/lights.html
> >>
> >>  They are labelling highly bright led torches on Keyrings with their logo.
>
> these torches are $20 US each

Jaycar have them for about $10 to $12 without the Linux logo, and in
mutiple colours.

> >We need cheap, nifty shit we can pay for individually and spam our
> >environment with. A grassroots PR campaign. Great idea :)
>
> stickers.

Stickers can work ok, but get them stuck in too many public places and
you'd have the council after you with fines in mind (ask any rave
promotor).

Flyers are probably a better move initially, with a basic speil about
the group and it's goals and ethos, and a URL, phone number, or Email
address for more info.

Also some generic business cards for when you're dealing with people
such as councils or vendors, that way it looks professional and ensures
they know who you are. This can also help ensure they know who they are
talking to.

Just some suggestions ..

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----