[MLB-WIRELESS] Testing days.

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Sun May 19 10:05:31 EST 2002

This is a such a great idea.  I say let's develop it into a plan.

At 2:55 AM +1000 19/5/02, Toliman wrote:

>i have a cunning plan. it involves having a multi-tier network instead of a
>two point test,
>
>i'd like to pick the test node that is inside the local pub, purely for
>research purposes.
>
>we could establish a small intranet with it's own routes, and set up a
>practical demo of such a free network, some streaming of voice, music,
>video( pgpfone?), and test the possibility of routing, with that practical
>demo of Frees/wan, tunneling, ospff, zebra, web/ftp services, etc. we
>definitely need something other than 8 copies of netstumbler running ...

Would you believe that the Yarra Valley expo is on this weekend?
Pity, this is the kind of thing that would be ideal to do at some big
public outdoor event.  Although we should probably practise it a bit
amongst ourselves first.

One of the groups I believe we should be cosying up to is the
Alternative Technology Association.  www.ata.org.au.  They mostly
focus on renewable energy, but more broadly on environmentally and
socially appropriate technology and economics.  I bet you three beers
to a peanut they'd be interested in doing a story on us for their mag.

Clae.

--
         clae13 at yahoo.com        is no more