[MLB-WIRELESS] A gimmick for MW

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Sat May 18 17:04:56 EST 2002

KevinL wrote:

> I'd like to see a) some indication of
>who's actually near me - the ndoe database is fine, but it seems
>everyone's marked as interested rather than testing or running;

I think this is one of the biggest problems with getting the network off
the ground. Everyone is waiting for everyone else before they do
anything. Catch 22. Best thing you can do is get your own node
operational and contact all those you have LOS to, even if they're only
"interested" and tell them you're up and running, they're in LOS to you,
and how long until they're up and testing, and what can you do to help.
I think that above all else, is the motivation someone would need to go
out and buy the gear.