[MLB-WIRELESS] [NODEEAI] Backbone Idea - Highrise Housing

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Fri May 17 23:29:15 EST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:06:22PM +1000, sanbar wrote:
> j00 on drugs boi
> There is the Internet (proper noun) and there are intranets (noun,
> plural). The "internet" does not exist.

Eeer I didn't say the "internet" exists as that would imply that there's
only one internet.  There are many.

See:
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=internet
(the 3rd and 4th results)
"internet -  <networking> (Note: not capitalised) Any set of networks
interconnected with routers. The Internet is the biggest example of an
internet."

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=intranet
"intranet - A privately maintained computer network that can be accessed
only by authorized persons, especially members or employees of the
organization that owns it."

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia