[MLB-WIRELESS] PCI cradles , TIB and all that

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Fri May 17 15:35:01 EST 2002

Hi all,

OK, all your questions will be answered soon.

this is how things stand at the moment.

1) The cards have been ordered. We got a hurry up from our supplier
(they order monthly and that was on Wednesday!!!)

2) We appear at first glance to have slightly fewer cards ordered than
we have orders for, due to having to guess what would be required and
all.  with drop outs and non-payment that should be fine.

3) if there is any shortfall in the number of cards available due to
over subscription, distribution will be on a first come first served,
with paidup people having priority over non-paid up people.
So there is an incentive to pay up quick.

4) if you do not get a card, we will be starting a new round of orders
on the TIB, probably within 2 weeks.
any left over orders will get priority in the next order.

5)  (More of an extended comment)
The most common question I have is people requesting confirmation of
their payment or emailing me reciept details.  this doesn't really help,
as such.  the receipt number you get is no use to me as it means nothing
(in addition to which Nick is organising the money for this one).
 Besides, I really don't want to know your bank account details!!!

The banks take their sweet old time clearing the funds, why is anyones
guess (playing the short term money market???).  so in an order as quick
as this was, or even just in general, the only confirmation we can
afford to believe is when we see your details arrive in our account.

this is the beauty of the TIB.  when your funds appear in the account,
we reconcile you on the TIB and we get an indication of the actual
number of orders paid for.

there are about 70-80 orders related to the original bulk buy that
failed, which translates to about $200-$250 that we will be wearing
until people pay Nick their $3 per card on pickup, or postage is
organised with extra payment for shortfall.  the total order is between
9 and 10 grand, so be aware of the fact that we have to be carefull and
therefore a little bit conservative.

in conclusion, cards have been ordered, money needs to be paid if it has
not already, awaiting cards with eagerness.

Another announcement should follow on Tuesday with a much better
indication of numbers/ who has paid, etc.  Stay tuned!

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au