[MLB-WIRELESS] Community Wireless Client project.

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu May 16 11:07:13 EST 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Peter Long wrote:

> Yes, but what about us ignorant Windowz users? How do you create a
> bootable disk from these ditros? I believe in the KISS (Keep It
> Simple Stupid) principle so the CD sounds like a good idea.
>
> Just my 2 cents worth.....

The point of the CD would be to run it on an old PC that specifically
acts as a wireless gateway when booted.

Since the system would run off CD, and would require basic settings
entered (perhaps they could be saved to a floppy or a local hardrive),
it would not effect Windows if Windows was installed on that machine.

The CD would come with some instructions covering the configuration
which would hopefully be simple enough for even windows users to
understand.

Going with the floppy idea, the person could be supplied with a floppy
of their settings, but this could lead to it being shared with someone
else, which may not be prefered.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----