[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys cards & product range with guarenteed delivery.

Marian Szczepkowski Marian.Szczepkowski at ericsson.com.au
Thu May 9 12:01:42 EST 2002

On 5/8/02, 8:19:22 PM, dwayne <dwayne at pobox.com> wrote regarding Re:
[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys cards & product range with guarenteed  delivery.:

> Steven Haigh wrote:
> >
> > > 5. Why are Enterays prepared to alienate their retail channel by dealing
> > > direct with us ?
> >
> > They're not alienating people. They'd be supporting our group because
they
> > think its a worthy cause...

> They are most certainly going to alienate their retail channel. Think
> about it for a moment. They are cutting the resellers out of the loop.

> > > 7. Is chasing around after cheap gear the most important thing that we
> > > should be doing ? Has the cost of the gear been identified as the key
barrier to
> > > participation ?
> >
> > Wireless gear when purchased retail, is too expensive for most
hobbiests...
> > I'm trying to change that.

> Yeah, it's the major thing holding me back.

> > > 9. Do we care if people take advantage of the offer in order resell the
> > > cards at a profit ?
> >
> > I think this is the same as the bulk buys - we don't like the idea, but
we
> > can't stop it...

> We can get them to sign something saying they won't onsell the cards and
> put notices up all over the site when they are making their order.  then
> they can't complain if we cut them off if they start reselling them. If
> people *do* start to resell them you can bet that Enterasys will cut us
> off as it will *certainly* piss off their retail channel if this starts
> happening.

Guy's what's with the control freakery thing here. I couldn't care less
if
someone wants to on sell cards bought through the TIB/Group/Whatever. I
only
care that they put there order in with mine so I get a bulk price, not
single
retail. The bulk buys work because we order in err.. BULK.

Don't get carried away by what someone else wants to do with there own
property.

Also what harm does it do to me/us/group?? If these people sell cards at
below
retail. Aren't we indirectly helping the spread of wireless, that
furthers
our own agenda to get everyone connected.