[MLB-WIRELESS] New Routing Node

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Thu May 2 10:35:27 EST 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 11:48:06PM +1000, Robert Tchia wrote:
> i.e. who can I link with? What type of devices do I need? and etc.

So your planning on having say an OMNI and a few directional links?
Probably the best thing will be to terminate all these links in an old
PC running a *nix OS (personally I prefer Debian GNU/Linux).

While you can use static routes for all your neighbouring peers, you
will need some form of dynamic routing to connect to other nodes.  It
looks like we will be using OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) and the best
software I have come accross to do this would be Zebra.

Hope this helps,

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia