[MLB-WIRELESS] Ex Galaxy Antenna sizes

bchild at wireless.org.au bchild at wireless.org.au
Wed May 1 09:53:02 EST 2002

Np Rob,

Who arranges the link, well simple yourself and anyone else around you or anyone
you can connect to higher or lower than yourself that you can see.

Yes working out who to connect to is better then choosing a antenna as it affects
which type of antenna you will need, also the type of setup that you would like to
put in place will also affect this decision.

Once you have worked out who you can connect to, it's more than likely a galaxy
style or directional antenna is a better option, unless you decide just to
make yourself a public node for your local area, then you'd use a omni..

Myself I have gone for 2 antennas and 2 wireless card, 1 is on a directional to
a link i wanna setup and the other is on a 9db omni which i have setup for local
people in my area will to connect to it.

Glen