[MLB-WIRELESS] [HARDWARE] a question

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Thu Mar 21 15:01:16 EST 2002

On 03/20/02 09:20 PM, rick wrote:

>the belkin card is avalible from harvey norman for 100$

Also at HarrisTechnology.com.au....

lets see if i can find the link again. it's a pretty painful psite to
navigate...  needs NS4 not 6....

http://www.harristechnology.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:D8211#Tof

here is the interesting text.  note the use of the words "(Requires the
use of a Belkin Wireless Notebook Network Card [F5D6020], not included) "

Belkin 802.11b Desktop PCI Wireless Network Adapter

 Pricing
 The HT Sell price is
  $81.82 GST Ex
  $90.00 GST Inc
 RRP price is $99; you save $9.95

                                                    Part Details & Warranty
                                                    Manuf: Belkin
Components Limited
                                                    Manu Part No: F5D6000Z
                                                    Our Part No: D8211

 Product Requirements
 Compatible with Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP
                                                    Systems & Media
                                                    W32 Win9x WinNT

 Brief
 The Belkin Wireless Desktop PCI Network Adapter implements wireless
networking into desktop PCs with a quick installation.
 Placing the PCI card into any available PCI expansion slot, and then
sliding the Wireless Notebook Network Card (F5D6020) into
 the PCI Network Adapter is all it takes to enable wireless networking
capabilities in your desktop PC.
 We make your configuration and setup easy, with Belkin SOHO Networking
Software. Now you can share files and peripherals while
 enjoying the freedom of connecting without cables. Used with the
Router, this installation lets your desktop PC access your
 shared broadband Internet account, as well.

 Features:
 - Works with Virtually any Desktop Computer
 - Sets Up Easily with Belkin SOHO Networking Software
 - Provides excellent speed and range for worry free connection around
the home or office
 - Wireless capabilities can be easily added to virtually any desktop PC
with a free PCI slot (Requires the use of a Belkin
 Wireless Notebook Network Card [F5D6020], not included)
 - Plug-and-Play convenience
 - Data and network security with 64-bit or 128-bit WEP data encryption
 - Installs easily into an available PCI slot

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au