roaming nodes -was- Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [TECH] Dipole antennas, and melbwireless

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 20 11:31:36 EST 2002

> > That's cool.  Can I come and play with your toys sometime?
>
> Study and get your own! :-)  But, well, maybe at a meeting...  Last
meeting,
> I did have a chat to Texas while waiting for a few ppl to rock up. :-)

Aww, you mean I have to turn into a capitalist pig to be able to make enough
to buy pricey tranceivers?   ;)

> > I still think it makes sense to reward 'mojo' for static
> > shortcuts (even
> > though I don't think they should wind up static)
>
> Agreed.  While I can see both sides to the 'mojo argument', it is clear if
> this was the way to go that any route that benefits the network should
> qualify.

I think I'm well aware of both sides of the 'argument' too.  I'm responding
to some zealotry with more zealotry in the polar opposite direction, but
hopefully all done and told, my logic is sound, my data factual, and my
language appropriate.  But again, nobody's perfect.

> > > Hmm, has a ring of familiarity (are we reinventing the wheel here?).
> >
> > Yes, and no.  We're combining ideas that are pre-existing
> > into a working
> > concept... so it's new, but it's not.
>
> Just checking.:-)

More checking wouldn't hurt either.  I'm just sick of waiting for someone
else to do it, and decided to start laying the groundwork myself.

> > > Is there a lawyer in the house? :)
> >
> > Hopefully one of the publicity/political proponents of this
> > list will step
> > up to the plate to procure us one :)
>
> LOL

Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer.  But then, it's lucky there's some of us around
or nothing new would get done :)

Ben.