[MLB-WIRELESS] POSTING DISCIPLINE - DELETE EXCESS QUOTAGE

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon Mar 18 16:49:29 EST 2002

Tony Langdon wrote:

> Agreed, let's set the standard for email ettiquette. :-)  Trimming excess
> quotes is a good start.  My old DOS offline reader used to have a cute
> "Quataholics Anonymous" popup whenever a message was saved which had
> excessive quoting. :)  Was handy though, to catch those slipups that
> sometimes creep through :)

Well, like I said, I'm not trying to rant or anything, it's more trying to
raise "quotage consciousness"
 as when you actually *look* at the emails flowing through here from a "is any
of this excess to necessity?" it's pretty shocking.

the ausrave list has a mail server which enforces the RFC strictly.

tons of messages bounce back to the sender, and it seems to have killed the
list.

So, that's silly, I'm just asking people to look at what is going through here
and consider how they could improve it.

Dwayne