[MLB-WIRELESS] POSTING DISCIPLINE - DELETE EXCESS QUOTAGE

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon Mar 18 04:43:34 EST 2002

there, I've saved you from reading, yup, a micro-rant.

there are archives.
I archive all of my email.

Just spend, oh, 10 seconds looking at all the excess crap quoted after the
reply in most of the posts to the list, there's vast amounts of it.   Some
email clients will add these replies invisibly, which sucks. I'm not sure what
to do about that. Anyone have a suggestion?

There's RFCs for this, but: please delete everything which isn't what you are
directly replying to.

i.e.: if you are not responding to that sentence or paragraph, delete it.

This will not greatly improve the posting to the list, but it will mean that
archives are, oh, 5% of their current size,

AND

your email will download a LOT faster!  woo!

I'm only stressed about disk space. Some of you might be stressed about time
taken reading this list.

So, I'm not being a martinet, just look at the emails, and consider the
situation.

uoy ees

Dwayne