[MLB-WIRELESS] RFI: Why _do_ we need a committee?

Will Lotto lotto at impulse.net.au
Sun Mar 17 15:43:57 EST 2002

I setup a wiki page, added a couple of points.

It's basically got PROs and CONs section... I suggest people who want to
make a point go edit the page and add their 2c.

.. and anyone who knows how to USE wiki, could clean the page up so
it doesn't look so shocking :)

http://www.wireless.org.au/wiki/?Committee

Will.

> So, could someone of the "pro-committee" persuasion please put together
> some well-reasoned and hopefully compelling points on why exactly we need
> a formal structure?  Not "we need a committee because we need a committee"
> arguments, but reasons for actual formal structure (preferably ones we
> can't address in other ways with the current informal arrangements).

> Only slightly tongue in cheek, allow me to suggest that this should be
> some kind of formal, structured document.

---
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759