[MLB-WIRELESS] Resignation

Bryce Letcher bryce at lectronix.com.au
Sun Mar 17 12:11:28 EST 2002

Tyson,
Whlist I've not been involved in this wireless group for long, and have yet
to make it to a meeting, it has been obvious that someone somewhere was
going some organising. Thank you. What we very much need to do is to get
this on to a more formal footing. My suggestions of what we need to acheive
in the short term are:

* An elected committee comprising a President / Chairman, a Secretary, and a
Treasurer. More would be welcome, but that would be the minimum to carry out
the 3 required roles.

* We also need a formal contact point. That means a name (like the
secretary), address (snail mail) and other contact info if possible

* A club membership list, which implys someone to run it, and a formal
membership application process (ie each member must provide a name and
address etc.) so we can define WHO the group is.

Down the track we MIGHT want to:

* organise subcommittees who have a special function such as organising IP
addressing.
* get a bank account
* associate our group with other similar groups or have geographicly
organised chapters - Geelong springs to mind
* incorporate as a non profit organization (which protects all members in
various ways)
* arrange public liability insurance
* lots of other stuff.........

I also agree with a number of comments about "getting on with it" and I
don't encourage excessive organisational bull. BUT some is necessary.

I'd also like to put forward Tyson Clugg as a nominee to the committee
position of President / Chairman.

rgds,
Bryce

PS I have no problem with the committee having regular meetings away from
club meetings to organise whatever, but I'd suggest that all members be
notified via this list, just in case they wish to attend.