[MLB-WIRELESS] IP addressing, OSPF and a .plan

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Mar 15 08:09:54 EST 2002

>  Can we just decide to adopt net 10, net 172.16 and OSPF
>  until something better comes along? How does the saying
>  go... 'results not perfection' ??

Wel, with some minor provisos, it makes sense.

Firstly, we need to cull at least 10.0.0/24 and 172.16.0/24 from the address
ranges used, as these are common in smaller netowrks, otherwise these ranges
are fine.

I don't see public IP addresses as being an option, as IP(v4) addresses are
a scarce resource, and we're not likely to interconnect with the Internet
for some time anyway.

OSPF seems worth playing with as well.

Hmm, amateur network experimentors is starting to fit this group. :-)