[MLB-WIRELESS] OMNI Directional Antenna's

Fulton, Darren J Darren.Fulton at team.telstra.com
Wed Mar 13 14:31:31 EST 2002

Most published designs cater to the VHF and UHF bands, but they can be
scaled to 2.4Ghz. Here's bunch I have found recently:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/wa6svt.html
Omni-Gain Vertical Collinear for VHF and UHF by Mike Collis with
modifications by Kevin Custer. This is a good tute and appears to the be
design that the guerrila.net guys based their original design on.

http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/col432/index.html
How to build a high gain vertical antenna for the UHF amateur or CB bands by
not sure who. Similar to the one above but retaining the coax braid rather
than using brass tube.

http://members.aol.com/K7ITM/
Coaxial Collinear hints from K7ITM.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/sideband/collinear.html
Building a Coaxial Collinear Antenna by WB3AYW. Similar to no. 2 but with a
stub balan.

http://www.guerrilla.net/reference/antennas/2ghz_collinear_omni_lowpower/
A 2.4Ghz Low-Power 5dbi Vertical Collinear Antenna for 802.11 Applications
by Brian Oblivion and Capt. Kaboom. These guys seem to have the only 2.4Ghz
designs freely available on the net but I'm scared to waste coax building
one because the articles contain one or two errors that someone who knew
what they were doing wouldn't make. They are also very light on the theory
which leads me to think these guys don't have much background antenna
design.

When I look for antenna designs to "borrow" from the web I generally try to
find one's written by people with funny 5 or 6 character alphanumeric names
:-)

Hope that help (or confuses),
Darren