[MLB-WIRELESS] Excellent cable

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Fri Mar 8 16:10:57 EST 2002

> Looong post hehe...
> There are two main sources of loss - conductor resistance and dielectric
> loss, and the reason for the different losses could be a less lossy
> dielectric and/or better conductor (e.g. silver plated instead of copper).
> Well, there are a lot of text boks, but the problem with those is that they
> tend to get heavy with mathematics and can be hard to follow, unless you've
> covered all the maths at uni.
> Things like stubs are explained in a lot of RF textbooks.  You usually get
> these sorts of books from technical bookshops (e.g. Technical Bookshop or
> McGills in Melbourne), or a uni bookshop.  Uni libraries are a good resource
> for those who just want to browse or borrow some technical books.
> The theory behing the stub involves transmission line theory, which any half
> decent textbook should explain.

thanks for the info, if I find something I can recommend I will post it up.
the bendigowireless site is apparently up, xqx says it's a no-brainer to add
content so i'd better start posting what I've learned; when there's stuff there
I'll post it for reference too

(looking forward to the pix jase!)

cheers