[MLB-WIRELESS] just curious

Paul Young paul at x.net.au
Tue Mar 5 10:19:51 EST 2002

Thanks Ryan, you beat me to it.

We have been fairly cautious because of the regulations imposed on
commercial organizations in regard to 'carrier licensing'. We have
chosen to encourage but not provide services using wireless.

We have a couple of AP's set up down on the Mornington Peninsula which
are open for public use, hopefully we will see some expansion down here
with all the recent increase in interest.

I have actually spoken to a lot of members of wireless community groups
around Australia on a one to one basis but have been careful not to
appear to be 'pushing' our products. Nothing worse than companies
spamming valuable resources like this mailing list and diluting their
value.

We have been involved in wireless networking since well before the
802.11 standard was ratified and have seen significant increases in
community interest. Things are now really starting to get going in this
area.

Free networks everywhere!