[MLB-WIRELESS] 3com AirConnect Card

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Mon Mar 4 16:42:28 EST 2002

Hi there...

I've managed to get my hands on a (presumably) working 3com AirConnect PC Card... (presumably because i'm yet to find a friend to test it with at short range, and i'm unsure if its even possible to conneect an external antenna to the card..

It has an enternal flat black antenna thingy, that is really just an extension of the card (ie. not the Xjack antenna). does anyone know of a hack to get an external antenna attached? I'm yet to get on my roof and check, but I believe i should have LOS to greg on ruckers hill, so if i can hack it, i may have an opertional node soonish...

also, any news on location for fridays meet? if i can make it, it would give me a chance to test the card at short range... (*crosses fingers, hoping for the churrch on ruckers hill*)

thanks for your help!

james (Node DIB)

"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal : jimmy at deefa.com
msn: james_healy at hotmail.com / ICQ : 6370237