[MLB-WIRELESS] LMR-400 and termination at cost

Shane Chubb s.chubb at tronics.com.au
Mon Mar 4 15:12:46 EST 2002

Why in hell do we have to use such expensive connectors?

Can someone explain it to me - For example BNC crimps aren't too
expensive and aren't exactly lossy so the only reason I can figure that
would prevent us from usng them (or a similar connector) is possibly
that the LMR coax is thicker?

Hell I have a couple of cards which I plan to solder the wire directly
into - that has to be neatest and least likely method for signal loss.
But for those who need joins there has to be a cheaper alternative?

Shane