[MLB-WIRELESS] Mailing list Vs Forum?

Andrew Dean ferni at shafted.com.au
Sat Jun 29 13:38:56 EST 2002

Whats going on with this mailing list? it looks like its freaking out...

Is there an advantage to running a mailing list rather than say a web based
messageboard/forum type thing?

IMO a webbased forum's advantages would be

- It would reduce the load and bandwidth used on the servers as it wouldn't
have to send out an e-mail to the (i have no idea how many people are
subscribed to this list) XXX people subscribed to the list....

- You could track the threads that interesed you, I know i skip through some
messages, mainly the political cra... stuff... when i know this is important
but not to me

- The different mailing lists you have setup - you could make these
sepereate forums and maybe give everyone else read-only access to them so we
can see whats going on? etc...

- there are more things i could list but they are relating to what i've
already said....

I'm not sure what the advantages of the mailing-list are over a forum... but
i'm sure there must be some as there are so many mailing lists around....

Any feedback on this? anyone agree? disagree?

Ferni