[MLB-WIRELESS] $330 Aus 15.4dB Omni. Anyone interested ?

Matt Pearce mattpearce at optushome.com.au
Wed Jun 26 21:57:32 EST 2002

You are far better to work on an efficient system that uses what power you
have rather than flooding the spectrum with excess power.  Another
unfortunate side of RX/TX amps is that they ampify noise as well as signal,
with this in mind you should keep coax runs down to a minimum cause that
introduces loss, and try and use the best cable you can.  Basically you want
to build it more like a butterfly than a bull.  And with the correct
antenna's, cable and bits you can get very good results from standard cards
without amps.

Matt.