[MLB-WIRELESS] limiting access..

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Sun Jun 23 14:03:21 EST 2002

k.. so now that I have my wireless network working, and I’m writing this
from my released-from-chains-lappy, I should probably start thinking
about security :-)

at the moment, joe blogs could war drive me, and although I don’t have
dhcp running, he could fairly easily get net access. Considering
netstats is at 8.3, this would be a bad thing
 (so don’t get any ideas!
:-p)

If I were to not worry about encryption for the moment, is there an easy
way to set up authentication to the wireless network? Will 3rd party
software do it? For the moment I’m talking XP, but I’m looking to
migrate to *BSD, so any discussion on the topic would benefit me and
probably some others!

James

"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes."

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal : jimmy at deefa.com
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237